The Easter holidays are only just around the corner… If you’re coming down to Cornwall, there are all sorts of ‘eggcellent’ activities for families going on locally.
Here are a few of our top picks:
1. Head to Lanhydrock and follow the Easter garden trail (31 Mar-15 April). Find all the clues and you’ll win a special Easter themed prize. Over Easter weekend, they’ve also got races, face painting and much more family fun.
2. Trebah Garden is a popular place for families and even has its own beach! Pack a picnic, explore the award-winning gardens, and try their Easter Trail (runs between 24 March – 15 April).
3. As you explore Paradise Park this Easter (31 March – 15 April), hunt for clues and claim your own mini egg prize. Don’t miss the antics of the macaws and cockatoos in the new Free Flying Bird Show. You can also see the birds of prey in action in the Eagles of Paradise display!
4. Crantock Easter Egg Trail. Crantock is one of the most beautiful beaches on the north coast with heaps of golden sand and dunes. Join the local National Trust rangers on the beach for a fun Easter trail on 7/8 April between 10.30am-3pm. Contact North Cornwall National Trust on 01208 863046 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.
5. Join the Search & Rescue crew at the Maritime Museum in Falmouth. Their blockbuster exhibition features a 70ft Sea King helicopter (you can ever climb inside it), dress as a pilot and find out what it’s really like to be part of a rescue crew.
From 31 March – 5 April they’ll also be running hands-on children’s craft activities between 12-3.30pm. Build a rescue rocket, create a lifeboat money box or construct a whirling helicopter…
And if you’re looking for more family-friendly activities to get you out and about, why not try a Treasure Trail? We’ve got trails for a range of places in Cornwall on sale in the office at Bosinver. Whether you choose a treasure hunt, spy themed challenge or a murder mystery, each trail will take you to places a little off the beaten track in the area you’ve chosen as you solve the clues.