As half term is fast approaching, we’ve put together a few ideas for outdoor activities the whole family will enjoy. Here are our top 10 autumn family activities in Cornwall.
1. Explore the rock pools. Wrap up warm, put your wellies on and see what you can find in the rock pools. You might be surprised at how many different types of creatures you discover.
2. Head to the beach for some outdoor fun and games – don’t forget that dogs are welcome on most of Cornwall’s beaches after 1 October.
3. Go for a woodland walk and enjoy crunching through fallen leaves. Cardinham Woods and Trelissick are both close to Bosinver and are well worth a visit if you haven’t already been. You can also find a wood near you on the Woodland Trust website.
4. Go blackberry picking and make a pie or crumble – delicious with custard, cream or even ice cream!
5. Visit one of Cornwall’s glorious gardens. With plenty of space for the kids to run around, they’re perfect for family games like hide and seek. Some, like Trebah and the Lost Gardens of Heligan also welcome dogs all year round.
6. If it’s wild, why not go wave watching? Cornwall has plenty of fantastic beachside cafes where you can marvel at the waves while sipping your hot chocolate – or warm up afterwards after a bracing walk.
7. Try making some leaf art.
8. Do an autumn scavenger hunt – there’s a brilliant one on the Nature Detectives website.
9. Collect some conkers and set up your own conker championships.
10. Harness the autumn winds and go kite flying. One of the best places to fly a kite near Bosinver is Helman Tor, which Nanny Pat visited with the kids earlier this year – take a look at our kite flying blog.
What are your favourite autumn family activities in Cornwall? Drop us a line, get in touch on Facebook or tweet @Bosinver – we’d love to know what you think.