Outside the main season, Cornwall is a brilliant place to go for a group holiday. Come for a long weekend, or if you’ve got the time to spare, indulge yourselves with a week-long break.
Our Farmhouse (sleeps 12) is ideal for groups – it’s got space and character galore. For the ultimate in luxury, try eco house Lowen (sleeps 8) and enjoy stargazing from your own private hot tub. Jack’s Barn and Laburnum both also sleep 8, with plenty of communal space. And if you’ve got a bigger group, you could even book two or more cottages. This has proved a popular option for special birthdays, anniversaries and reunions of all sorts.
Fiona Egglestone says: “After working at Bosinver for nearly two years I couldn’t think of anywhere better for a university reunion. I booked the Farmhouse for a weekend in October last year. My friends loved the quirky layout and the real fire was also big hit. Our sunny Sunday morning wander in the woods was one of the highlights of our weekend, especially once I introduced everyone to the zip wire. Needless to say, nine 30-somethings quickly regressed…”
When to go
The shoulder months (March-May and September-October) are often the best time for a group getaway. Not only do the prices drop outside the main summer season, but the weather’s usually good and you can get around without the crowds. It’s easier to book in to activities, and many activity providers will offer bespoke tours at times to suit you.
What to do
There’s lots going on in Cornwall all year round with festivals and events happening across the county. Take a look at Visit Cornwall’s ‘What’s On’ guide to find out more. One of our favourite festivals has to be the Fal River Autumn Walking Festival which takes place at the end Oct. If you’ve got a group of friends or family who enjoy walking, this is could be perfect for your next holiday.
Horse riding, golf, kayaking, adventure activities, sailing, fishing… There’s are loads of fantastic group activities to do without having to travel far. Or if you’re looking for something particular, give us a call on 01726 72128 and we’ll be happy to help you find it.
Food and drink
The local pub, the Polgooth Inn, is 15 minute walk (or a short walk/taxi ride). They’ve got a huge menu using locally sourced produce. They’re highly recommended by all our guests!
Alternatively, if you’re celebrating a special occasion, why not book our Private Chef service? Cornish Cottage Cuisine will come to your cottage and whip you up a gourmet feast while you relax and enjoy your time together. Bliss.
For more ideas on what to do when you’re staying at Bosinver, take at the ‘Things to do’ sections of our website.
Top tips for planning a group holiday
1. Work out how much time you want spend doing activities together. If there are people in the group that enjoy different activities, or have different interests, make sure there are enough options to keep everyone happy.
2. Book a couple of key things in advance e.g. a dinner reservation for the whole group, and one major activity.
3. Don’t plan everything – leave some leeway in case the things you have planned need to change, or the sun comes out and you want to spend the whole day on the beach.
4. Come prepared. Make a list of everything you need to make sure you have a great holiday, including maps/directions, wet weather gear, games and music and make sure everyone’s got a copy.
5. Don’t forget to bring your camera…